FUNDING DEVELOPMENT OFFICER RECRUITMENT
Forgan Arts Centre (FAC) is seeking to recruit an exceptional candidate to the new role of Funding Development Officer.
The post is funded via the Strengthening Communities Programme from the Scottish Government which is administered by the Development Trusts Association of Scotland.
FAC is looking for an individual with relevant and proven experience in researching, preparing, and submitting funding applications and fundraising, preferably in the creative and arts sectors.
You will have current understanding of the funding environment with relevance to these industries and the third sector. The role requires a candidate with the ability to also develop an ambitious Fundraising Programme to support Forgan Arts Centre Business Plans following its recent relocation into larger premises.
FAC is now able to expand its arts & crafts programme of activities to develop the increased income streams required to ensure a sustainable future for the centre while delivering maximum benefit to the community. A key element of the role will be in ensuring community engagement and involvement in fulfilling the remit and enabling us to build capacity. It is expected that this post would become self-sustaining after the three-year period of funding through successful achievements in this strategic role.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Forgan Arts Centre Team, working with the Management Committee, in its next phase of development and expansion, taking our organisation forwards, building upon the success and recognition achieved to date.
Position Funding Development Officer Funded by Scottish Government - Strengthening Communities Programme Responsible & Reporting to Centre Director, Forgan Arts Centre
Salary: Starting Salary £27,500
Term: Funded by Scottish Government for an initial term of three financial years Until 31/03/2023 with up to two years extension subject to Scottish Government's annual confirmation. Funding extension is dependent upon funding availability although it is a primary target for the FDO post to become self-sustaining at the end of the funding period.
Hours: Normal Working Hours 9am – 5pm 40 hours per week.
This senior role requires flexibility as evening and weekend work may be involved. Pension: Minimum Statutory Pension Employer Contribution 3%
Holiday: 28 Days
FUNDING DEVELOPMENT OFFICER RECRUITMENT
Purpose of the Post: Reporting to the Forgan Centre Director, the Funding Development Officer will be expected to work under the direction of the Centre Director to deliver the funding aims and objectives of Forgan Arts Centre Business Plans. Specifically, the FDO will be tasked with meeting funding targets for capital projects and human resources to ensure long term sustainability of the centre.
Key Responsibilities :
• To implement the FAC Funding Strategy to support and strengthen the FAC Business Plan – regularly reviewed and updated to remain fit for purpose
• To Research, Identify and Track Funding resources, providers, and opportunities
• To build relationships with existing and potential funders, partners, donors, sponsors
• To manage the schedule for Submission of local and national Funding Bids • To Develop a Fundraising Programme – engaging and involving the membership and community, including local and corporate businesses, funding partners
RESPONSIBILITIES Reporting to the Centre Director, the Funding Development Officer is responsible for delivering FAC’s Funding Strategy to generate the income the centre needs to continue to provide inclusive, social, artistic, and creative experiences and opportunities, in the community, for people of all ages and abilities.
The Funding Development Officer will be expected to contribute directly to the financial sustainability of the centre and its future growth and development.
We are looking for a candidate with the relevant experience and skills to secure the necessary funding to support the growth and development of the centre.
You will need to demonstrate that you have the abilities and experience to: -
• Secure target income and identify new funding resources and new funding partners across all supporter types
• To research and write applications to funding bodies, trusts & foundations, and proposals for corporate support, both philanthropic and commercial as required
• To develop a Fundraising Programme to include sponsorship and other partnership agreements with existing/potential supporters and funding partners
• To manage relationships with a portfolio of prospects, supporters, and funding partners
• To take responsibility for maintaining accurate records of relationships with a wide variety of supporters and funding partners
• To gather data and produce detailed reports to all funders and partners as required
Applications should be sent to Trustee Carol Scullion, email@example.com, and should be received by 5pm on Wednesday 18th May 2022.
Applications should comprise the following:
• A cover letter describing how your knowledge, skills and experience align with the requirements set out in the job description with confirmation of your right to work in the UK
• A full CV with education and qualifications, employment history with record of positions held, responsibilities and relevant achievements
• The names and emails of two referees who we will contact only if your application is successful
On Wednesday 11th May at 7.15pm there will be a Q&A opportunity with Trustee Carol Scullion and Centre Director Jen White to ask any questions you might have about the role.
This meeting will take place online: Zoom Meeting: Forgan Arts Centre Funding Development Officer Meeting ID: 621 824 0598
Passcode: R5b5aC https://zoom.us/j/6218240598?pwd=Q2lZa2ZBcGNPaEljWFR3cmdyZG9YQT09
We encourage applicants with diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply. If you have any specific access requirements, please let us know and we will do our best to meet your needs.
Executive Summary Business Plan
Online Q&A: Wednesday 11th May 2022, 7.15pm
Closing date: Wednesday 18th May 2022, 5pm
Interviews: Wednesday 25th and Thursday 26th May 2022 at Forgan Arts Centre
For more information, please contact Jen White, firstname.lastname@example.org, or Forgan Arts Centre 01382 542062.